Introductory & Enrichment Programs
We are excited to offer an e-Learning program that will support employees’ professional and personal development through an extensive library of courses that are available 24/7 through KP Learn. The library features more than 800 online business skills courses such as leadership, management, process, and project management, as well as more than 200 desktop training courses.
If you are a member of a BHMT bargaining unit with computer and internet access then you are already pre-approved for these courses.
- Log in to KP Learn.
- Take the required Ben 'U' e-Learning Library Orientation in KP Learn listed under the My Enrollments section on the KP Learn home page.
Orientation: detailed step-by-step instructions.
- Browse the course catalog below.
- Find a class you want to take, copy and paste the course title into the SEARCH box on the KP Learn home page.
- Launch and Learn!
Course Enrollment User Guide
Ben 'U' e-Learning Library FAQ
What's in the catalog?
The catalog contains 800 basic business skills courses and 200 computer courses. There are 5 catalog sections:
- Most Popular: List of the most popular business and computer courses searched in this Library
- Business Skills: Over 800 business courses including Administrative, Project Management, Communication, HR, Management & Leadership and Finance & Accounting MS Office suite
- Computer Software: Basic, intermediate and advanced courses in the most popular software used in business today, including the MS Office suite
- 10 Minute Modules: Short scenarios that immerse you in a business situation and provide tools to apply the concepts back on the job
- 1 Hour Courses: Quick and easy ways to learn new skills in one hour or less
Does my manager need to approve these courses?
No, your manager’s approval is not needed. Your access to these courses is provided by the Trust.
How long do I have access?
Your access to the Ben 'U' e-Learning Library begins as soon as you complete the Orientation in KP Learn and ends on December 31st of each year. You will be notified before the end of the year on how to re-apply for access in the new year.
What is the difference between the SkillSoft library offered in MyHR and this Ben ‘U’ e-Learning Library?
Both libraries are the same. However, Ben ‘U’ will have some special course “packages” each year that will not be offered within the SkillSoft catalog posted in MyHR. To find out more about these course packages, go to the Ben ‘U’ Most Popular tab in the above catalog.
Can I use my Educational Leave for this course work?
To use Educational Leave for these classes, consult your manager. Otherwise, take these classes from home.
Can I take only one module in a class and not finish the whole course?
Yes, you can access course materials in sections only, for targeted learning. However, unless you take the chapter and course tests you will not get credit for this class in your KP Learn transcript or in your KP Independent Development Plan.
Does the Ben ‘U’ e-Learning Library offer any tutoring support services while I am taking their courses?
Many of the Project Management courses and MS Office Suite courses have online mentoring available called Ask My Mentor. You can access this online service from your course details page or under the Resources tab within the course content.
Can I get a certificate when I finish a course?
Yes, you can print a Certificate of Completion after you successfully complete a class. Go to the Transcript tab in KP Learn then click on Print Certificate of Completion.
How can I un-enroll from a class?
Go to your KP Learn home page. Click on the Enrollments tab. Find the class you want to cancel. Click on the underlined word DROP in the ACTIONS section on the far right of each course listing.
What happens if I haven’t finished my class by Dec. 31?
Any class you start should be finished before the end of that year. Otherwise, you will not receive credit for the course in your KP Learn transcript.
What support services are available to students?
- For problems logging into KP Learn:
Contact the KP National Help Desk at 1-888-457-4872.
- Once in KP Learn if you encounter problems launching the course content:
Contact SkillSoft technical support at 1-866-754-5435 or go to the SkillSoft Customer Support web page to access various help resources.
- For general questions about this program, please contact your regional Trust career counselor.
What else do I need to know?
The program and participation is governed, as applicable, by the terms of the BHMT student agreement.