Individual Stipend Program
Now Accepting Applications for 2013 Stipends!
Here is an important education benefit available to KP employees through the Ben Hudnall Memorial Trust!
Are you currently enrolled or planning to attend a professional or technical career advancement program?
If so, you may be eligible to apply for a stipend to pay for up to 8 hours/week of lost wages to provide time for class attendance and study.
What is a Stipend?
A 'stipend' is replacement income that is paid directly from the Trust to you, provided you meet certain criteria. Stipends are available for class work or study of up to 8 hours a week, up to $16,000 per employee (lifetime benefit). Your manager must approve all time off in order to participate in this program.
Am I Eligible for the Stipend Program?
- You must be a KP Union Coalition Employee.
SEIU-UHW employees >> Go to the SEIU-UHW Education Fund website.
- You must be currently enrolled or accepted in an accredited program.
- You must have completed your probationary period.
- You must be a regular, benefited full-time or part-time employee, typically working 20 hours or more per week.
- You should coordinate this benefit with other education leave that is available to you.
- You must have your supervisor's approval to reduce time from your regular schedule.
- Training program must focus on a critical need as approved by your Region. For more information visit the Career Planning website. Other professional programs may be considered subject to regional needs and available funds.
- The training program should generally be 1 or more years in length.
- Academic institution must be accredited by the relevant accrediting body.
How Do I Apply?
Some of the requirements to apply for the stipend program include: copies of your class schedule and letter or proof of acceptance to a professional or technical program. Failure to provide these documents will delay the application process. No stipend time will be paid to you prior to the date that final approval is received from the Regional Workforce Planning and Development Co-Chairs.
NOTE: SEIU-UHW Employees can get information on the SEIU-UHW Stipend Program and other programs by visiting the Education Fund website or calling 1-888-TRAIN06 (1-888-872-4606).